ViewError - HMG building utility

Utilities like DBU, Make, IDE written in HMG/ used to create HMG based applications

Moderator: Rathinagiri

Pablo César

Re: ViewError - HMG building utility

Post by Pablo César »

OFF TOPIC
RPC wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:02 pm So what according to you is the mistake I am making in using hbnf ?
Did not you notice the difference in the simple project that I presented to you ?

Do not put character space. Do like this:
Screen185.png
Screen185.png (59.44 KiB) Viewed 5804 times
viewtopic.php?t=2114
HMGing a better world
"Matter tells space how to curve, space tells matter how to move."
Albert Einstein
Tiger

Post by Tiger »

Pablo César wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:17 pm
Tiger wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:07 pm I have to prepare a report now and will test your new code this weekend. Many thanks for your help.
Thanks for letting me know and I'll really wait for this ! :D
Hi Pablo,

Thanks for your help. My pboblem is fixed now with your new program. I also find out why I can't attached the picture last time. It seems the format of JPG file that I created has something wrong so the file size can't be detected that caused no button for " Place inline". I attaced two pitures that I got from your program. It is great that it works now. :D

view_erroe_2.jpg
view_erroe_2.jpg (105.14 KiB) Viewed 5775 times

view_erroe_1.jpg
view_erroe_1.jpg (88.38 KiB) Viewed 5775 times
Pablo César

Post by Pablo César »

That's great ! :P

I am happy to know we have improved and working good... thanks for your feeding back.
It's so important for me, thank you.
Tiger wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:45 pm I also find out why I can't attached the picture last time. It seems the format of JPG file that I created has something wrong so the file size can't be detected that caused no button for " Place inline"
Ohhh I see... pictures were so big ones in your trying ? If you find the problem, pls report to Rathinagiri in the due forum help section.

Very nice:
Screen186.png
Screen186.png (50.88 KiB) Viewed 5771 times
Please let me know also this:
Screen187.png
Screen187.png (330.33 KiB) Viewed 5771 times
You can use arrow keys to navigate and then it shows in the respective lines. Is this working ?
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein
RPC
DBs Used: DBF

Post by RPC »

Pablo César wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:46 pm
"it doesn't compile"
Hi Pablo
Whatever I was mentioning in this thread was relating to compiling using viewerror program to show errors on compiling.
I was able to compile my projects (using hmg3.4.3) without viewerror all the while.
This is what I have been saying all along.
With viewerror running in (some versions of viewerror) my project did not compile nor did it(viewerror) produce any error/warning etc(thats where I have said it doesnt compile). After I uninstalled viewerror my project compiled or produced errors/warning generated by hmg3.4.3.
In the last version of viewerror(ver 2.6 ?) it produced the error, the screenshot of which I sent in my earlier post.

The last working viewerror program was viewerror.exe(compiled and uploaded by you) dt 1 apr 17 time 10:38 am(your date and time). Sorry I dont know which viewerror.prg produced that exe.I have so many viewerror files on my disk I will have to compile each one to know which prg file produces a working exe file. If you can find easily the correct prg file well and good else pls let me know and I will check on my side.
I would really like to know what change you have made between a file which works on my computer and which doesn't work , viz the latest ver 2.6 so that the latest ver 2.6 also works on my computer.

I will install hmg3.4.4 and see how viewerror works.
RPC

Post by RPC »

Pablo César wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:19 am OFF TOPIC Do not put character space. Do like this:
Screen185.png
viewtopic.php?t=2114
Hi Pablo
Many thanks for pointing out my mistake in using "libs=hbnf"
If you look at screenshot posted by you (screen183.png) on 14 apr 2017 time 10:45 pm, you will find it contains "libs = hbnf" (with spaces) so I tried with that but now with "libs=hbnf" it is compiling without producing any errors.
Many thanks.
Pablo César

Post by Pablo César »

Hi Rajeev,

Now I finally understand you.

You have different versions of ViewError in whole of your computer, as you said...
And that's a nightmare for you, for me and for everybody who is reading your statements as to not compile. :|
  • First, because we are not talking about same version.
  • Second: why are you saying: "it doesn't compile" ?
    Because there is non sense to say not compiling, implying/sub-understanding that's due ViewError when by the main reason is the code is with some error in it. Of course the executable never be builded cos the programming error in the project. In your words I would use "do not displaying" any message from ViewError. From my side and other we would imagining you are trying to build thr ViewError project instead.

But now it's ok for me, at least I have understand what you are saying. Sorry if I have insisted for more explanations from you.
Probably my English it's so bad... :oops:
Sorry I dont know which viewerror.prg produced that exe.I have so many viewerror files on my disk I will have to compile each one to know which prg file produces a working exe file. If you can find easily the correct prg file well and good else pls let me know and I will check on my side.
No, don't do it.
Now please, erase all ViewError source and executable. And if you want to try once again, please do it with the last version released.
I will install hmg3.4.4 and see how viewerror works.
Please do it... everybody should do this.

And please also accept my POV reading this:
viewtopic.php?p=50965#p50965
Last edited by Pablo César on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein
Tiger

Post by Tiger »

Hi Pablo,

I try to compile the viewerror.prg file but I got following error message. I don't know what's wrong ...
compile_error.jpg
compile_error.jpg (54.46 KiB) Viewed 5697 times
Yes. it is works to select the arrow keys to navigate and then it shows in the respective lines. But I found I can't use the "F5" to rebuild the program ...
error_f5.jpg
error_f5.jpg (63.68 KiB) Viewed 5697 times
Pablo César

Post by Pablo César »

Hello Tiger, thank you for your interest.

In this your trying to build ViewError:
Screen188.png
Screen188.png (56.45 KiB) Viewed 5681 times
Are you using HMG 3.4.3 + 2 patches added and in UNICODE mode ?

Because in the previous line you can put this:
msgdebug(cLogFile,HMG_Upper(cLogFile))

And cLogFile even been with value Nil, the HMG_Upper will returns "".
So, here it could not with error...
Unless you are trying to compile with another version of HMG and it is not UNICODE. ViewError works on UNICODE exclusively.

This folder ViewError_Pack at yours:
Screen190.png
Screen190.png (25.71 KiB) Viewed 5681 times
Please check it should be with this folowing folders structure:
Screen189.png
Screen189.png (19.16 KiB) Viewed 5680 times

But I found I can't use the "F5" to rebuild the program ...
Screen191.png
Screen191.png (29.94 KiB) Viewed 5681 times
This F5 screen is from Notepad++ because ViewError makes focus onto your Notepad++ editor.
But if you click on the main ViewError window (yellow backcolor one) and the press F5, will gonna works. :)

I hope I have clarified everything. Make sure it's as I believe it is ...
Last edited by Pablo César on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein
Pablo César

Post by Pablo César »

May I ask to you: Tiger and Rajeev why are you re-compiling the ViewError project ?

Have you any indication, suggestions to add for ViewError ? Please let me know.
HMGing a better world
Albert Einstein
RPC

Post by RPC »

Hi Pablo
I downloaded latest version of viewerror as suggested by you and now it is working fine.

There is just one small problem when I install viewerror, my virus program identifies it as a malware, can you tell me why ?

I was trying to compile viewerror, instead of using exe provided by you, because viewerror provided by you was not working properly then. Now I have no problem with viewerror.exe provided by you so I dont have to re-compile it

Thanks